Starting today, The Laurel will chronicle what’s happening in CT and its newsrooms regarding the coronavirus. Follow along as the coverage continues, one day at a time.
It’s the first day that most Connecticut residents will stay home for the foreseeable future for the sake of social distancing. Today’s trending hashtags on Twitter, #workingfromhome and #homeschooling, speak a lot to the fact that we’ve had to change our work lives, school lives and social behavior so quickly.
Here are the major news updates from today:
- First day of the closure of public schools statewide.
- This morning, Governor Lamont joined the governors of New York and New Jersey in a regional effort to close all restaurants, bars, gyms, movie theaters and concert halls as of 8 p.m. Monday.
- Also announced today: a ban on gatherings of more than 50 people in all three states.
- Both Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods resort casinos will close as of 8 p.m. on Tuesday.
- UConn canceled spring sports.
For ongoing coverage on all things CT newsrooms and coronavirus, visit our special coverage page.