The Laurel is chronicling the major news concerning coronavirus in Connecticut. Follow along as the coverage continues, one day at a time.
Here are the major news updates from today:
- The Governor’s Office announced late yesterday that the deadline for filing state income tax has been moved from April 15 to July 15.
- Gov. Lamont joined the governors of NY, NJ and PA in petitioning the White House and Congress for $100 billion “in direct cash assistance to avoid laying off government workers and slashing funding for education and transportation during the COVID-19 crisis,” according to the CT Mirror.
- Yesterday, Gov. Lamont asked the private sector to help supply the state with personal protective equipment (PPE). The state’s request for PPE can be found here.
- First full day of closure of all salons and tattoo and piercing parlors.
- Access Health CT added a special enrollment period for those uninsured that began March 19 and continues until April 2. Coverage begins April 1.
For ongoing coverage on all things CT newsrooms and coronavirus, visit our special coverage page.